Sunday, January 29, 2012

The beginning

I'm starting this blog just to vent before I end up having a heart attack due to frustration and rage. It's going to be my random personal observations and opinions. I will change names to protect people if necessary and not break any of the rules regarding my job.

For one, I am a single mother of two, now adult, daughters who are attending college.  I spent 19 years fighting for a meager child support payment and learned that the legal (not justice) system is stacked against people who do not know how to play the system.  That's ok.  I think I did a damn good job all by myself.

For another, I've worked as an emergency dispatcher for over 11 years and have to deal with people at their worst.  It doesn't create a healthy outlook of society for me.  Before that I was a Corrections Officer for two years .. really fine, upstanding citizens there.  So, of course, I have a very cynical, bitter (if you will) view of society as a whole, regardless of class, ethnic background, etc.
I am full of sarcasm and bordering on apathy.  However, I do have my funny side, as my sister is quick to point out.  So I guess I'm not all that bad.

The nice thing about blogging is, I can get this attitude out there, but only you can choose to read it.  That's the great thing about the USA.  The bare bones of the constitution allow me to rant and rave, choose my religion, and a multitude of other things, without the government locking me away in some secret prison. But it comes with responsibility and I am BIG on accountability. Nothing comes for free.  If you want it, you have to earn it.  So, even when I'm ranting on the latest crap that is in the headlines, I will try to count my blessings as well.
Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment